Cauliflower florets are dipped in a light buffalo flavored batter, then baked until crispy and tossed in a buffalo and vegan butter sauce and sprinkled with chopped celery leaves.
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Water or Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing hot sauce, divided
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into medium size florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped, optional
- 1 cup Cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup Celery leaves, chopped
- Vegan ranch dressing, optional
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together cornstarch, flour, baking powder and garlic powder. Whisk in water and 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce.
Add cauliflower florets and fold gently until all florets are coated with batter.
Transfer battered florets to a NUCU small baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once during cooking.
In a large bowl, combine remaining buffalo hot sauce, vegan butter, dill and cornflakes.
Remove pan from oven and transfer florets to bowl with hot sauce mixture. Toss to coat
Transfer to a serving plate and serve sprinkled with chopped celery leaves.
Note: For a gluten free version, you may substitute gluten free baking mix for flour and eliminate the cornflakes.