There is no substitute for homemade marinara sauce. Rather than simmer your sauce all day in a large pot on the stove, next time try this recipe in a NUCU Gold Coated Sheet Pan sheet pan. Tomatoes, yellow squash, garlic, red onions and olive oil. It’s perfect for soup, sauces, or those mini zucchini pizzas.
- 6 med. Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 med. Red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1" pieces.
- 1 med. Yellow zucchini squash, cut into 1” slices
- 1 med. Red onion, quartered
- 1 bulb Garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup White wine, such as Chardonnay
Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. Place tomatoes, peppers, squash, onion, zucchini and eggplant on a NUCU 9.5" X 13" X 1" Gold Coated Sheet Pan.
Sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper over vegetables.
Drizzle olive oil over vegetables. Gently toss vegetables with your hands to coat with oil.
Spread vegetables evenly across the baking sheet
Pour white wine over vegetables.
Place tray on middle rack of oven. Roast vegetables for 2 hours. Remove pan from oven. Puree mixture in a blender with the liquid until smooth. Use as desired.
Note: Use as a base for sauces or soups.